Newburgh Prep will provide students 16-21 years of age living in the Hudson Valley area – including students living in poverty, students who are English language learners, and students with special needs – the opportunity to return to school and, with intensive social-emotional support, to obtain a high school diploma through a rigorous NYSED standards-based education program that prepares them for college and career.
Newburgh Prep will achieve its primary mission by:
- improving student learning and achievement for students who have been unsuccessful in high school;
- increasing learning opportunities for these students, especially for those at risk;
- using innovative teaching methods;
- creating new professional opportunities for all school personnel;
- providing parents and students with expanded educational opportunities; and
- meeting measurable student-achievement goals.